This is a full-time role reporting to our CEO and Account Supervisor. For this role, you’ll need to work in our downtown Little Rock office within the hours of approximately 8 AM to 5 PM; on occasion there may be a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during a launch or other events throughout the year.
The mission of the Executive Assistant is to stay five steps ahead of our CEO, tracking all of the administrative details, and clearing the path for her to make her greatest contribution to our business. The Executive Assistant will be a key asset to the CEO by anticipating needs at an exceptionally high level, allowing her to develop vision and strategy for all aspects of the agency so that we can reach our revenue and profitability goals.
While repetitive tasks are certainly part of this position, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on the CEO’s needs and the needs of our business. The most important responsibility of the Executive Assistant is to ensure that administrative tasks and projects are completed with a high level of efficiency, confidentiality, accuracy, flexibility, and positivity in order to support the initiatives of the CEO.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
Experience: 2-5 years supporting C-suite executive(s), dealing with financial information.
- Meeting management, including preparing agendas, printing financial reports, taking notes and distributing action items
- Communicating on the CEO’s behalf both internally and externally
- Email management on behalf of the CEO
- Running errands and attending in-person meetings multiple times per week
- Complex calendar management and scheduling (both personally and professionally) on behalf of the CEO
- Prepare presentation and proposal materials for client meetings
- Collect and prepare information for use in discussions/meetings of agency leadership team and outside individuals
- Varying personal and professional administrative tasks including, but not limited to, booking appointments, research projects, coordinating travel, and ordering office items, etc.
- Light project management and accounts payable duties (working with other team members who oversee these roles)
- Weekly expense reporting and time entry on behalf of the CEO
- Social media management for the CEO’s personal accounts, including LinkedIn
- Must be fluent in Mac apps and Google Suite. Experience with other tech platforms, such as Slack, Monday, Zoom, Expensify, are ideal.
Quality Communication: Must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, Slack messages, text messages and/or emails.
High Level of Discretion: Since our EA will regularly work with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity regarding financial information is a must.
Financial Knowledge: High attention to detail and accuracy, with basic understanding of accounting terminology to provide informed administrative support.
Anticipating Needs: As a part of our commitment to enabling our CEO to serve our company and customers at the top of her game, our EA will strive to anticipate needs and eliminate friction between her obligations whenever possible. This means you know how to stay five steps ahead of your leader, clearing the path for her to make her greatest contribution.
Rock Star Environment
We strive to create a fun, engaging atmosphere where high fives, donuts and celebrations are commonplace. We lift one another up, honor achievements and reward hard work. Along with traditional benefits such as healthcare/dental/vision/disability/life insurance and paid parking, we offer several other perks around fun and flexibility.
- Professional Enrichment – Whether instructor-led, web-based or sharing during Fireside Friday, we are always learning more! We routinely participate in webinar training and other professional development.
- Community Engagement – We love the state of Arkansas. Our team enjoys outings to locally-owned businesses and pride ourselves on community involvement. In addition, employees are often offered free tickets to community events (i.e., Arkansas Travelers baseball games, etc.)
- Team Building – Quarterly adventures for the team
- Winter Recess – Ghidotti Communications’ office is closed between Christmas and New Year’s; however, employees are asked to remain available to team members and clients during this time.
- Fridays Away – Our team works from wherever on Fridays. Meaning, you can work in your PJs from your comfy couch or find your favorite coffeehouse. It’s up to you!
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) – Employees can donate up to 3 days of their time (not included in PTO) toward a 501c3 charitable organization, in accordance with our giving and volunteering guidelines.
WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT:
The qualifications listed above are all necessary, but here is what we really want in our new team member. Don’t let it scare ya – we just have high standards!
- You anticipate the every move of our clients and us.
- You are resourceful.
- You are humble.
- You know what needs to be done because it just comes naturally.
- You are accurate. Every. Single. Time.
- You take our vague guidance and get it done.
- You are fast, yet error-free and awesome.
- You care about every single, tiny, little detail.
- You follow instructions.
- You know you are extra awesome, and totally own that.
- You meet deadlines even when you only have minutes to do it.
- You can handle your own drama. Better yet, you don’t have a lot of drama.
- You have a life outside of work that you love and nurture.
- You loathe micromanagers and don’t need one.
- You love learning new things.
- You sing karaoke and have “that song” when you really need to bring it.
- You ask questions when appropriate. (Basically, you don’t ask us how to spell someone’s name because you know how to Google like your life depends on it).
- You treat our clients and your team members with respect.
- You are funny.
- You are caring.
- You are a good friend and co-worker.
- You are resourceful. It’s so important that we’re mentioning it again.
To apply, please submit the following via email to email@example.com:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Tell us how you heard about this position