Ghidotti is currently hiring a Media Relations Specialist and Fall PR Intern!
Media Relations Specialist
The media relations specialist should possess superb project management and organizational skills, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, media relations specialists should demonstrate fantastic time management, great creativity with a keen interest in creating and implementing cost-efficient and effective media campaigns, as well as effectively analyze the impact of campaigns on the company’s bottom line.
By assisting the team in the execution of client activities and learning the basics of services offered across all areas of the agency, the media relations specialist will play a crucial role in supporting client service teams.
- Write client and internal correspondence effectively and with limited supervision.
- Develop content for broadcast, print and online distribution channels to include press releases, media advisories, blogs, e-newsletters and website content with limited supervision.
- Negotiate with media channels to close competitive deals.
- Serve as the agency’s media liaison and formal spokesperson, and effectively place client messages and spokespeople in target media outlets.
- Scan the media marketplace to keep up-to-date on the latest media trends.
- Successfully plan and execute client activities such as media tours, digital and social campaigns, business missions and/or other special events.
- Proactively identify story ideas and work with the supervisor to develop.
- Successfully manage independently the execution of all client content calendars, which can include media relations pitch calendars, blogs, social content and paid media campaigns.
- Exhibit competency and efficiency in drafting copy for client marketing materials and/or campaigns, such as website content, e-newsletters, collateral materials, paid media campaigns, etc.
- As it relates to social/digital media, regularly suggest ideas, manage the planning, and comfortably execute campaigns on behalf of clients.
- Assist in the management of interns, when applicable.
- Monitor all campaigns, and report on results.
- Build long-term relationships with media houses.
- Easily navigate agency platforms such as Cision, TVEyes, Sprout Social, Sprinklr.
We’re looking for a resourceful go-getter who enjoys fast-paced work in an agency environment and is eager to learn the ins and outs of public relations, media relations, social media management and content marketing.Our team members are expected to complete high-quality work, juggle multiple tasks, keep projects on track, and be accountable for results. The right candidate will be a motivated problem-solver who will thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Writing for social media
- Posting to social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Creating Canva graphics
- Brainstorming/Researching Ideas
- Logging media clips
- Assisting with video production and Facebook lives for clients
- Building media contact lists
- Uploading content to content management sites for clients
- Assist with client events
- Media Relations outreach
- Attend internal meetings and potentially take notes for client meetings
- Assist with office errands and organization
- Assist with general project management and scheduling
What We Want:
- Experience with writing/posting to social media sites and using Canva is preferred.
- Experience with photography and/or video creation or production is a plus.
- Creative problem-solver
- Organized and able to prioritize work under pressure
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- You are resourceful.
- You are humble.
- You know what needs to be done because it just comes naturally.
- You are accurate with an attention to detail.
- You follow instructions.
- You have a life outside of work that you love and nurture.
- You love learning new things.
- You ask questions when appropriate and know how to Google the simple things like your life depends on it!
- You treat our clients and your team members with respect.
- You are funny.
- You are caring.
- You are a good friend and co-worker.
- You are creative and think of brilliant ideas in your sleep.
- You are resourceful. It’s so important that we’re mentioning it again!
Rock Star Environment
We strive to create a fun, engaging atmosphere where high fives, chicken minis, and celebrations are commonplace. We lift one another up, honor achievements and reward hard work.
Whether instructor-led, web-based or sharing during Fireside Friday, we are always learning more!
We love the state of Arkansas. Our team enjoys outings to locally-owned businesses and pride ourselves on community involvement. In addition, employees are often offered free tickets to community events to get out and enjoy life with friends and family.
Quarterly adventures for the team!
We shut this place down at the holidays so we can all rest, relax and reinvigorate for the new year.
We get an early jump on the weekend every Friday during the summer.
Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
Along with your PTO, you also get VTO to use to support your favorite charity or organization.
Does this describe you?
To apply, please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- References: 2-3 minimum
- Tell us how you heard about this position