This content marketing campaign resulted in increased revenue of $1,872,900 and six new matters that were tracked directly from articles shared!
This B2B law firm has been a progressive leader in the legal community providing strategic, comprehensive legal services to help clients achieve its goals. The firm was looking to celebrate its 65th anniversary as an important milestone for highlighting aspects of its heritage with a look back over past generations of people that have brought the firm where it is today.
While the law firm’s marketing team and Ghidotti began researching ideas to celebrate the firm’s upcoming 65th anniversary, we looked at how other similar sized firms have celebrated milestone anniversaries. We knew that we wanted to use this celebrated time to launch a very focused and strategic content marketing campaign that would begin to further the firm’s thought leadership within specific practice areas.
Ghidotti was tasked with upgrading the firm’s brand marketing, including the development of a monthly content marketing strategy executed via website, blogs, social media, earned media and client email marketing. Based on the primary research of the 2018 State of Digital and Content Marketing survey, we learned what content in-house counsel and C-suite value most when making legal purchasing decisions, which guided the development of our content strategy. We also developed a content marketing roadmap to educate attorneys on the process of the firm’s content strategy.
Overall engagement across social platforms increased an average of 23 percent, surpassing our objectives
Media relations outreach garnered an amazing 64 stories in TV and print
The campaign generated more than 9,880 new website visits and an additional 29,000 page views
We began our work with the development of a 12-month comprehensive plan outlining key strategies and tactics increasing brand awareness throughout the year. Specific strategies included:
- Content marketing strategy focused on specific firm initiatives to include: named partner features, long-time employees of 25 years or more, corporate art collection, National Volunteer Week, Women’s History Month and charity events.
- Strategic plan for rolling out the 65th Anniversary video with a series of short videos to be used across social media and the website.
- Content marketing and social media campaigns featuring firm history, news, partners and employees. Each blog post or news release was linked to an attorney bio.
50% Increase in LinkedIn Engagement
- The law firm’s social media platforms saw great increases in followers across all platforms by the end of the year to include: Twitter 2.5 percent and Facebook at 10 percent. However, the most notable was the total follower increase for LinkedIn at 50 percent! Overall engagement across the platforms was up by an average of 23 percent, surpassing our objectives!
- The client was thrilled with the media relations outreach for 2019, which garnered an amazing 64 stories in TV and print for the firm (far exceeding the client’s goals and objectives), including national and regional trade publications and consistent local coverage of attorneys and their cases and the firm’s community giving program. Multiple stories highlighted the firm’s premier community service program and focus on corporate responsibility; a gallery show featuring its corporate art collection that was designed to support the local arts community; and the accomplishments of individual attorneys who are national thought leaders in their fields.
- The law firm’s website experienced great increases in overall visits and pageviews over the previous year to include more than 9,880 new website visits and an additional 29,000 page views with an increase in unique visitors by more than 9,500.
- The content marketing campaign resulted in increased revenue of $1,872,900 and six new matters that were tracked directly from articles shared!