Will you be the next rockstar Media Relations Manager on the Ghidotti team?
have what it takes?
In the Media Relations Manager position, a staff member will be responsible for developing and maintaining positive relationships between our client's business and the media. You will play a crucial role in managing the public image and reputation of your clients by ensuring effective communication with various media outlets, journalists and influencers.
This position requires fully developed specialty skills, a strong understanding of the public relations industry landscape and developing and implementing strategic media plans to enhance visibility and brand reputation.
We really want
Someone we can laugh with.
Someone we can depend on.
Someone we can learn from and do great work with.
Main Responsibilities: General
- Serve as the account strategist/lead and oversee/play a clear leadership role on media relations client accounts.
- Display a strong understanding of and effectively communicate Ghidotti's service offerings to existing clients.
- Successfully supervise at least one junior staff member, including providing guidance on their professional growth.
Main Responsibilities: Media Relations
- Develop strategic media relations plans, direct management and outreach for client accounts with the supervision of Senior Leadership.
- Perform with Senior Leadership to prepare a plan for strategic crisis communications.
- Manage and facilitate the execution of media relations outreach for special events, programs and major initiatives.
- Perform as spokesperson and coordinate official responses to media inquiries.
- Conduct media training with clients in preparation for external media interviews.
- Support framing and development of main message points for better position prior to media interviews.
- Prepare speeches, talking points and varied communications materials assisting client spokespersons.
- Write pitches, backgrounders, press releases, key messages and blog posts.
- Manage and monitor reporter hotline, client media relations calendar, metrics, media relations processes and press release approvals.
- Propose ideas proactively for media pitches to stimulate media coverage.
- Consistently pitch stories and secure strategic media placements assisting client reputation and business goals.
- Manage and supervise media events along with initiatives defining company stories.
- Identify proactive stories for trade, business as well as consumer media across multiple client industries.
- Develop and maintain close media relations to improve press efforts.
- Identify brands promoting opportunities and improve awareness of services and products.
Main Responsibilities: Client Strategy
- Develop or oversee visual content creation for client materials, including: e-newsletters, website content, digital campaigns (webinar/livestream events), etc.
- Demonstrate a clear track record of leading brainstorms and providing and implementing creative ideas for proposals, presentations, etc.
- Continually provide new and 'fresh' ideas for new business proposals and current clients' PR campaigns.
- Demonstrate industry experience
- Consistently develop results-driven client strategic plans
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and planning
- Counsel clients on challenges and opportunities
- Maintain key contacts within their focus area (PR/content marketing, etc.)
- Serves as strategic counsel for multiple accounts
- Execute on promised client deliverables on deadline
- Maintain client relationships, particularly with decision makers
- Motivate and lead account team members
- Assist with agency recruiting
- Participate in 360-degree annual review process and regular feedback loops with junior staff members